We employ a very well developed and practical safety program in which all employees actively participate. We maintain that good safety is a state of mind: all of our field staff are expected to think of safety as a matter of fact, sound moral judgement, and good business! It is unacceptable to plan a work procedure without considering the most practical and safe manner in which to accomplish the task. Furthermore, our trades are required to follow the CONSTRUCTION safety program as well as WCB standards as a minimum and are encouraged to provide their own program whenever possible. In addition we ensure that:
- safety is addressed in each of our subcontracts;
- a qualified first-aid attendant is on site during all construction operations;
- regular on-site safety meetings are conducted and recorded;
- written work procedures are provided and reviewed prior to proceeding with any high risk activities;
- there is an open and cooperative relationship with WCB at all times.